Saturday, April 6, 2019

Mid Event Survey - April '19





1) What are you reading right now?

The Beauty and the Beast by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve (illustrated novella by MinaLima)

I'm on page 48 of 201 pages, and am really enjoying it so far, though I'm only two chapters in and Beauty just arrived at the Beast's castle . . . love the elegant illustrations

2) How many books have you read so far?

I've read 2 so far and am 1/4 of the way through 2 others (including my current read from above)

I read the graphic novel Drama by Raina Telgemeier & T.S. Eliot's poetry volume, Four Quartets.

I also started When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead and got to page 67 of 197 pages, but set it down to read Eliot and Beauty.

3) What book are you most looking forward to in the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier

4) Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Only 2 short ones - I took my dogs for a 20 minute walk in the early afternoon and a friend came over and visited for about half an hour soon after. 

5) What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I'm a little surprised at how quickly this read-a-thon seems to be going by this time . . . I can't believe it's already 10:30pm here. In the past, I haven't made it much later than midnight (so about 16 hours of reading) which means I may only have about a couple of hours left in me . . . but we'll see . . . I was really hoping I could finish both The Beauty and the Beast as well as Ghosts before I crash . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment