Sunday, October 23, 2011
I won a mini-challenge (The Friendship mini-challenge in Hour 15 hosted by Li @ A World of Paper Hearts). She's giving away a surprise(!) book where friendship is a central theme. Can't wait to receive it!
I was also one of the random readers picked to win one of the prizes from Dewey's prize list in Hour 23. I was already in bed by the time that announcement came up so it was a nice surprise this morning. I chose Crusade by Nancy Holder. Sounds like a good one!
End of Event Survey
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
--I would say Hour 19 was the worst for me. I still had over 100 pages to go for The Sea of Monsters, and I had expected to finish the book three and a half hours earlier. I was worried I would fall asleep before even finishing book 2!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
--Charlotte's Web and Anya's Ghost were great books that I sped through.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Readathon for next year?
--I think it would be helpful to use the Mr. Linky more often during the Readathon to see who is participating when. Maybe have it every 4-6 hours or so. That would make it easier for Readers to bounce over to different blogs and check out what's going on and it would make it much easier for Cheeleaders as well.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year's Readathon?
--I can't compare this one to past readathons because this was my first time participating, but I thought it was run really well. The hosts did a wonderful job.
5. How many books did you read?
6. What were the names of the books you read?
--Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan, and Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol
7. Which book did you enjoy the most?
--It's too hard to choose between Charlotte's Web and Anya's Ghost. I'm calling it a tie.
8. Which did you enjoy the least?
--I guess The Sea of Monsters. I enjoyed it, but it took way longer to get through than I was expecting.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year's Cheerleaders?
--I wasn't a Cheerleader.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Readathon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
--I will definitely be participating again. I will very likely be a Reader and I'm thinking I would like to give Cheerleading a shot too.