Monday, January 23, 2012

2012 Chunkster Reading Challenge



This challenge has its own blog, Chunkster Reading Challenge. The challenge runs from January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012 and you can sign-up anytime during the year.

I've been back and forth over whether or not I want to commit to this challenge, but I decided to just throw my hat into the ring. I have many chunksters sitting on my shelves, so hopefully by joining this challenge I will become motivated to finally get to a few of them.

I will be a Chubby Chunkster and aim to read four chunkster books this year. I don't know which four books I want to read for this challenge yet, so I'll just list all the ones I own that I am considering. The only one I am sure about is Helen of Troy because it is part of another challenge I am doing.

-Helen of Troy by Margaret George (611 pg)
-The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (1276 pg)
-The Cider House Rules by John Irving (598 pg)
-The Stand by Stephen King (1152 pg)
-A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers (496 pg)
-The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (465 pg)
-Personal History by Katharine Graham (642 pg)
-The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (672 pg)
-Ada, or Ardor: A Family Chronicle by Vladimir Nabokov (624 pg)

No comments:

Post a Comment