End of Event Meme:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Maybe Hour 19? I felt like I could stay up all night in Hour 18, but then I just crashed that next hour. I never did get to finish The One and Only Ivan :(
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
All of the books I read for the readathon were great choices . . . I highly recommend Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie . . . and I love reading graphic novels during the readathon, to give my eyes a bit of a break
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Well, I didn't really do much of the online stuff this time, so I can't say anything about that . . . I had a great time just reading, though!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The cheerleaders were great! Always active! It's nice to have someone swing by your blog and leave a comment . . . something as simple as that is great motivation to stay involved and keep reading. Awesome job, cheerleaders!
5. How many books did you read?
I only finished 1 book from start to finish, but I finished up a couple of books of mine that I'd started before the readathon . . . all in all, I think I read 617 pages . . . not my best, but I'm happy that I moved 3 books off my to-read list . . . I'm going to continue my own personal mini-readathon today and finish up Ivan, get through Koko Be Good, and possibly read some stories from My True Love Gave to Me :-)
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick
Blankets by Craig Thompson
The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie!!!! You all have to read it! It goes into some serious stuff (the main character's 5-year-old brother is diagnosed with leukemia), but it also goes into the common trials and tribulations of a middle-schooler, and the main character has such a great sense of humor. It's a really wonderful read . . .
8. Which did you enjoy least?
I don't think I can pick a least favorite . . . I enjoyed them all
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Not a cheerleader, but I'd really like to be one sometime, maybe in the next readathon?
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Very likely! I love Dewey's 24-hour readathon!! For the next one, I would really like to visit more blogs and participate in some memes. I'm seriously thinking of being a cheerleader for the October readathon.