Saturday, April 25, 2015

Spring 2015 Readathon (Update #1)


Mid Event Survey:

1. What are you reading right now?

Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie by Jordan Sonnenblick (Amaaaazing! Loving it!). If you're into audio books, this book has a great one - the narrator is so funny!



2. How many books have you read so far?

I read 1 whole book(!) (Among the Hidden) from start to finish (153 pages) and now I'm finishing up DG&DP, which I was already halfway through before the readathon.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the readathon?

The One and Only Ivan - I've been wanting to read that one for a while - and it looks like it'll be a really quick read, so maybe it'll help me feel like I actually accomplished something in this readathon. 

I've also been thinking about reading Koko Be Good because it's kind of been a readathon tradition of mine to read at least 1 graphic novel (I do plan on finishing Blankets today, but I only have about 100 pages left of that one, so I'm not sure that counts . . .)

                                                                  

4. Have you had many interruptions?

A few - I went to go get my car serviced today, and I went into work to make up some hours, but I mostly read during those times ;)

5. What surprises you most about the readathon, so far?

No surprises, so far - I knew from past experience in the 24-hour readathon that I wouldn't get much reading done in the first half. Nightime's my best time for reading!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having a great Readathon! I will be interested to see what you think of The One and Only Ivan. I've heard wonderful things!

    I'm glad you rock at reading at night! Keep on reading!

    #TeamPopper

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite an interesting title, and sounds like a great book! (Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie that is!) Happy readathon.

    ReplyDelete