Sunday, April 29, 2018

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - Wrap Up Survey




1) Which hour was most daunting for you?

I actually didn't have a daunting hour this readathon. I started around Hour 3 (10am my time) and I read pretty well, went through the pages pretty quickly for the majority of the readathon, except for a couple of hour-long breaks. 

I did go to sleep around Hour 21, but since that was 4am my time, I just decided that it was reasonable to call it a night at that point and I didn't try to fight it, especially considering I'd read four books, beginning to end, and had a rather successful readathon experience. 


2) Tell us all the books you read!

In the order they were read:

-the last 40 pages of  The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

-The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories by Tim Burton

-Sisters by Raina Telgemeier

-Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

-the first 52 pages of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

-Bone, Vol 1: Out from Boneville by Jeff Smith

-the next 30 pages of HGttG (I was reading from the Ultimate Hitchhiker's volume, which has big pages, and HGttG is only 143 pages in this volume - so, I got through a little over half of the book - Chapters 1-16)

3) Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?

All of these books were great, quick reads that I'd recommend

*The Thirteenth Tale is 406 pages overall, though, and not a book I'd usually pick for a readathon book if I hadn't been almost to the end already - it's a very excellent book, though; the blurb on the inside cover adequately describes it as "a love letter to reading"

4) What's a really rad thing we can do during the next read-a-thon that would make you smile?

I honestly didn't focus on the online stuff this time - but I skimmed the posts on Dewey's main site and they were really cute - I loved the Reading Quirks comic posted on Hour 17 and I ended up spending a good hour today at that website reading the rest of comics - if you all could locate similar reading/book themed funny comics to share, I'd love that!!

*I originally read this question as what was something "I" could do to make me smile next readathon - as in, what was a goal of mine for next time - and I'd like to post that here as well:

Read 5 books, from beginning to end (1 more than I'd managed this go around) and/or read all through the night, 'til the end of Hour 24 (8am my time).




5) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?

Very, very likely to participate as a reader again - consider that a definite

No comments:

Post a Comment