Saturday, April 28, 2018

Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon Mid-Event Survey

The Night Fairy



1) What are you reading right now?

I finished Number the Stars about a quarter into Hour 13 (and then went out to get supper). I'm thinking of starting Hitchhiker's Guide for my next read, though.

2) How many books have you read so far?

THREE!

1) The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories by Tim Burton
2) Sisters by Raina Telgemeier
3) Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

I also started the readathon by reading the last 40 pages of The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (one of my favorite books - it was a reread this year)


3) What book are you most looking forward to in the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


4) Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

My dogs were begging for a walk around Hour 8 - I took them for a quick 20 minute walk around the neighborhood, and they settled down after that . . .

My brother also came and hung out for a little less than an hour and we watched a show, but I also read a bit during the show too ;-)


5) What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I'm surprised how quickly I'm getting through my books. I think I did a pretty good job selecting quick reads for this read-a-thon. A lot of the times, I'll have a pile of shorter novels (250 pages or less) but they really wouldn't be that quick and easy to get through . . . It's been a while since I've had a good pile of books that I'd read from beginning to end during the read-a-thon. It feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment