1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? the mountains of North Carolina
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The One and Only Ivan
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Cheese Fries!!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm a 6th grade special education teacher (and I'm typing up this post while at work on a Saturday to make up those snow days we had in February - my work plan today is to read the books I'll be reading with my kids starting next week ;- D
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I'm being much more casual about the readathon this year. I'm going to read as much as I can and try to finish a few books that I've started a while back, but other than that, I'm not setting any actual goals. I just want to have fun!!
Right Now: I have started reading Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix. I know that's not in the pile of books I posted about a few days ago for the readathon. I made a last minute decision yesterday to read this book with my resource class starting on Monday. I'm taking advantage of today to get it all read before then.
I'm loving it! This story has so many good class discussion opportunities. I hope my kids will love it too . . .