Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon October 2012



Well, it's been a few months since I've blogged, but after someone casually mentioned Dewey's Read-a-Thon on Goodreads a couple of weeks ago I knew I had to get back in the blogosphere and join! I loved participating in the read-a-thon last October and I was so disappointed I couldn't join in April due to finals. Last time, I didn't really start the read-a-thon until the sixth hour or so (maybe even later, I can't remember), but I want to try and start it on the first hour this time.

I came up with a list of books to choose from during the read-a-thon:


 
     
 I only have about 80 more pages to read in The Great Gatsby, so I'll probably start with that book. It'll be nice to say I finished a book in the first hour or so (even though it was really just 80 pages). I have also read over 200 pages of The Snow Child, but I'm not sure I'll actually pick it up during the read-a-thon to finish. It's a slow read for me, so it's not really the best choice for a read-a-thon, but I have it in my pile anyway in case I find myself too daunted at some point  today to start yet another book. Three books are rereads--the two In Death books and the Sweet Valley Twins A Christmas Ghost. This was my favorite SVT book when I was a kid and I've been wanting to reread it around the holidays for some time. I'm pretty sure I'll get to this book before the end. The two In Death books I should be able to finish in a couple of hours-they're always fast reads for me. I plan to save Fables and Reflections for last. I learned that graphic novels are always good to have around at the end of a read-a-thon after regular prose novels start to become blurry after so many hours of reading ;)

1 comment: