Saturday, October 13, 2012

Read-a-Thon Hours 13-18




















Hour 13:

Mid-Event Survey:

1) How are you doing? Sleepy?
-Nope, but that's just because I fell asleep just 2 hours into the read-a-thon (sad, I know). But now I am raring to go and will hopefully stay alert and reading for quite a few more hours yet.
2) What have you finished reading?
-I finished The Great Gatsby and The Christmas Ghost
3) What is your favorite read so far?
The Christmas Ghost- it was just such a fun, quick read and it really made me feel accomplished since I was able to finish it in under two hours :)
4) What about your favorite snacks?
-I've enjoyed my Lipton tea the most so far. I didn't plan out my snacks for this read-a-thon so I haven't eaten anything special (just a Lean Cuisine meal and a couple of slices of mushroom pizza)
5) Have you found any new blogs through the read-a-thon?
Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to look at the other blogs, though I really hoped to do that a lot this time around. I slept through the morning and felt behind on my challenge, so I have been focusing on my reading. I only just started looking at other blogs this past hour. Hopefully, I can spare some time later this evening to check out more blogs and cheer some more people on.

Hour 14: Started reading The Witches by Roald Dahl and am 60 pages in so far.

Stella Matutina's Picturrific Mini-Challenge















I found this image at the Open Market blog. In the book I'm reading, The Witches, the main character is a little boy who is beginning to train two white mice that his grandmother gave him. He hasn't trained them to ride mini-scooters (yet), but he has trained them to crawl up his arm and to walk a tight-rope.

Hour 15:

Fall Challenge

For the past three years, my family and I have taken a scenic train ride through the Carolina Mountains (Great Smoky Mountain Railroad). We look at the multi-colored leaves and then hang out by the Tuckasegee River for a while and drink hot chocolate. It's really nice. I love the mountains in the Fall.










Hours 16-18:

I finished The Witches (208 pages), my third book of the challenge. Now I really want to watch the movie with Angelica Huston. It's one of my favorite movies to watch around this time of the year.

I'll be starting Witness in Death next, but first I'm going to take a little break and grab a snack. I'm starving!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes a nap is just what is needed. May you have a strong second half RAT.

    ReplyDelete