Sunday, October 14, 2012
End of Event Meme:
1) What hour was most daunting for you?
-Honestly, the first couple of hours were. I'm just not a morning person, and I couldn't wake myself up enough to really get into the book I was reading (though it's a favorite).
2) Could you list a few high interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
-Children's/Middle-Grade books are always great for read-a-thons. Roald Dahl was a fun, fast read and I really loved reading the Sweet Valley book. If you're a fan of any of the SV series, I would definitely recommend rereading a favorite or even picking up one you haven't read/can't remember reading. I still have a few Sweet Valley High and Sweet Valley University books from years ago that I may pick back up again for the next read-a-thon.
3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-Thon next year?
-I liked when we took a "count" of people still participating in the later hours of the read-a-thon (maybe around Hour 18 or so) by using Mr. Linky. It made it easier to visit with bloggers who were still active.
Also, for the mini-challenges that required pictures (one's taken personally), I would have liked a second option since I am not able to upload pictures to my computer from my phone and could not participate in those challenges, though I would have really liked too. I'm not sure how much of a problem this was for other people, though.
4) What do you think worked really well in this year's Read-a-Thon?
-I think the Cheerleaders were great and were able to get around to all participants at least once. It's always nice to receive a comment and some encouragement :)
5) How many books did you read?
-I read 2 full books and partially read 3 others.
6) What were the names of the books you read?
The Christmas Ghost and The Witches were the two books I read in full. I also read the last 70 pages of The Great Gatsby, I read 79 pages of Witness in Death, and about 150 pages of Fables and Reflections (so approximately 693 pages all together).
7) Which book did you enjoy the most?
-The Christmas Ghost
8) Which book did you enjoy the least?
-I really can't say. I enjoyed all the books I read a lot. Fables and Reflections was a bit stranger than I was used to (it's a graphic novel about dreams, but there's so much more to it) and I was too tired to really get into The Great Gatsby. However, I still loved reading both, so I can't honestly answer this question.
9) If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice . . . ?
-I wasn't a Cheerleader
10) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-Thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
-I will definitely be participating again and I will, of course, be a Reader but I think I'd also like to be a Cheerleader for a couple hours next time too.