Saturday, October 21, 2017

10 years in 10 Books Readathon Challenge



2017 - Faithful by Alice Hoffman (this is the only book on this list that I haven't read - I haven't read any new books this year - but Hoffman is one of my favorite authors. Although, shamefully, I haven't read any of her books that were published after 2010. That definitely needs to be rectified!)

2016 - Brotherhood in Death by J.D. Robb (I only had a couple to choose from for this year, but I love the In Death series, and this was a really good one despite being the 42nd(!) book in the series so far)

2015 - The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (I loved this book . . . every time I read a mystery/thriller as good as this one, I have to kick myself a little bit for not reading more of this genre)

2014 - My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories by various authors

2013 - Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

2012 - Every Day by David Levithan (an absolutely amazing, unforgettable book!)

2011 - Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

        It was very difficult to pick a favorite book I'd read that was published in 2011 because there were so many! I had no idea so many great books came out of the year 2011 until I started looking through my book list for this challenge. It was so hard to choose, in fact, that I decided I would add a runners-up list of books for 2011 as well:

       - Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
       - Across the Universe by Beth Revis (amazing sci-fi YA series!)
       - Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol (a graphic novel and always a top rec of mine for the RAT)
       - Significance by Shelly Crane (I was completely obsessed with this e-book series when I first                  discovered it, and read all the books in one week)
       - Where She Went by Gayle Forman (I loved this sequel even more than the first book)

2010 - Dark Life by Kat Falls (another great YA series)

2009 - Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger (apparently, this is a love it or hate it book, and I, of course, loved it :)

2008 - The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong (my favorite YA series of the bunch)

2007 - Animal's People by Indra Sinha


Decades of Reading Mini-Challenge


For this challenge, tell me a book that represents your reading from each decade in which you have been able to read. (Decades on the calendar - 1970's, 1980's, 1990's, etc.)  For some of you, this will only require two or three books.  Since I'm a more "experienced" reader, I need six books. The book can be your favorite, one of a favorite series, a sample of a genre you liked, or whatever you feel describes your reading during that calendar decade.

This was a tough one to answer and required a lot of thought. Here's what I came up with:

1990s - Sweet Valley series (this decade was a no brainer)

2000s - The World According to Garp (to express my interest in more literary fiction during high school and college - this was the toughest decade for me because I was actually reading quite a variety of genres at that time)

2010s - Twilight series (the series that got me interested in YA, especially paranormal and "insta-love" stories ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment