Sunday, October 22, 2017

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - 10th Anniversary - Closing Survey


1) Which hour was most daunting for you?

Probably Hour 16 or so, which was around 11:00pm my time. I started getting really sleepy, although I did manage to wake myself up enough to carry on for another couple hours. I conked out during Hour 18 (which seems to be a pattern for me during the RAT). I need to make it a goal to read at least to Hour 20. I don't think I've made it that far yet - with the exception of the time I slept in during the RAT and didn't start participating until Hour 5-6.

2) Tell us all the books you read!

I only finished one book - The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. I read some of House of Leaves but didn't get as far into that book as I was hoping . . . and I never did get to the graphic novels or Scary Stories book . . . I don't think starting out reading an adult literary fiction book is the best game plan for me. I should stick with quick, YA reads. I can end the RAT feeling more accomplished that way. ;-)

3) Which books would you recommend to other Read-a-thoners?

The Westing Game made a great RAT book. It held my interest all the way through and was an easy, quick read (185 pages).

4) What's a really rad thing we can do during the next read-a-thon that would make you smile?

It seemed like there were a few mini-challenges that required Twitter/Instagram or some other social media account that I didn't have, so I was unable to participate. 

It would be great if all of the mini-challenges could be arranged so that everyone has an opportunity to participate in them, in some way. Such as, if you don't have a social media account, there should be a way to participate by commenting on the Dewey blog or something (just have multiple ways to participate  in the challenges in order to include as many read-a-thoners as possible so that no one feels excluded). 

Of course, that may have been an option all along and I was just unaware of it??



**Also - The Goodreads cheerleading challenge gave me an idea . . . Perhaps you can have an all-day cheerleading challenge for the read-a-thoners where we can use the random # generator to select 5 read-a-thoners from the Master Linky and post a cheer to them . . . then a couple winners can be selected every 5 hours or so . . . I know we all love (and miss) the cheerleaders, so I'm trying to think of something we can do to try and bring that back.


5) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Would you be interested in volunteering to help organize and prep?

I will definitely be participating again as a reader. I've also been considering donating a couple prizes for the RAT sometime . . . probably in the form of used but "like new" condition books - if that's accepted - that I can mail out to the winners afterward if that prize is chosen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment