Saturday, October 21, 2017

Mid-Event Survey




1) What are you reading right now?

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin

2) How many books have you read so far?

I haven't finished a book yet. I started out reading House of Leaves, but it was more slow going than I was expecting (a good read, but slow) . . . I switched to The Westing Game a couple hours ago.

3) What book are you most looking forward to in the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I think I'm most looking forward to Alvin Schwartz's Scary Stories. I haven't read that collection since I was ten.

4) Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

I've had two "interruptions." I walked my dogs for an hour this afternoon, and I attended a church fundraising dinner this evening, from 5-7pm. As soon as I got back home from these "interruptions," I went right back to reading.

5) What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

I'm surprised I haven't made as much progress by this point. I've been reading steadily for about 5 hours or so, but the first third of House of Leaves is taking a while to get through (large pages with small print). I'm zooming through The Westing Game right now, though. Once I'm finished with that one, I plan to move on to the 2 graphic novels I have in my stack, Smile and Out from Boneville, as well as Scary Stories. Those should be quick reads, so hopefully I can say I finished 3-4 books by the end of the read-a-thon (fingers crossed!).

If there's still some time after all that (and I'm not feeling dead alive by that point), I may go back to HoL and see how much more I can read of that tome before the end. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I love that so many of us are reading haunting books! I don't recall so from previous fall editions but of course it may be I'm more sensitive to the fact now that I'm reading ghost stories -not my usual patch- myself.
    Oh and I'm *always* surprised (/disappointed) about how little I actually get read... :( Have fun these last four hours! And if you're asleep: try to dream up a story ;)

    ReplyDelete