Saturday, October 21, 2017

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon - Opening Meme





1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?

I am reading from Pilot Mountain, North Carolina, USA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?

Tough question, but I would say either BFG by Roald Dahl (I try to make sure to have a Dahl book in my stack for every readathon), or House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski, which I have been looking forward to reading for years and am finally getting to it right in time for the Halloween season.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to the chicken stew and oyster stew. The weather is finally cooling down now, plus I have a bit of a sore throat from a small cold I've just gotten over, so soup and hot tea will be consumed a lot today.

4) Tell us a little something about yourself.

I am an elementary Special Education teacher. I do reading and math interventions for K-5 students who have mild to moderate learning disabilities.  

I have two dogs, Liberty and Nova, who will be keeping me company today . . .



5) If you participated in the last readathon, what's one thing you'll do different today?

I think this is my 5th or 6th readathon, and I pretty much have my preferred routine down now - I stick mostly with books from my home library. . . I like to read YA and graphic novels, but I also try and finish up books that I only have 100-200 pages left to read . . . I'll check out the memes, other blogs and some mini-challenges periodically throughout the day when I need a brain break.

Although, I suppose something that's a little different this time is that I have more 'adult' novels in my stack than usual - House of Leaves, The Shining, Eating Animals, ect. . . although, most of those books I have already started, and I would just like to try and see how many of them I can finish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment